Blackjack Live is by Evolution Gaming, the giant behind the best online casinos games. Players who enjoy blackjack will be happy to know that this version follows the same rules and gameplay, with the only twist being that it is a live experience. The house edge is 0.72%, higher than most other versions of live blackjack by other developers. The highlight of Blackjack Live is the game is 100% interactive, or you can always mute gameplay if you prefer not to chat with the live hosts.
The variety of options also sets the game aside because you can access; Perfect Pairs side bets, 21+3, Bet Behind, which allows you to come into a game late and still set your bet, plus initial decision, and ‘DEAL NOW’ to go a little faster. Online slot casinos like King Casino allow players to access various casino games, even live games like Blackjack Live for real money.
How to Play Blackjack Live by Evolution?
Any new players will also understand the rules quickly by first knowing the objective of the classic blackjack game. The goal of blackjack is usually to have a hand equaling 21 or over 21 and beat the value of the dealer’s hand. Different values are placed on each card where the Ace represents a 1 or 11, numbers 2 to 10 are called face value cards, while the K, J, & Q are worth 10. Anywhere from 1 to 8 decks of 52 cards, each could be in play at a game depending on how many players are at the table.
First, players will start by making their respective bets, and then the dealer will lay the cards on the table for players -first round cards face up, including the dealers. The dealer’s next card will be face down.
The player will then need to make a decision verbally on whether to Stand (remain as is and not take any new cards), Hit/Draw (receive an extra card from the pack until you hit 21, or stand), Double (double your initial stake after taking an extra card, but you must stand after taking this card regardless of value), or Split (split two cards of the same value into two hands, which are then treated as separate hands.
If you draw cards that equal over 21, this is called a ‘bust,’ and your initial stake is lost. You also win when the dealer’s hand is 17 or more but less than yours or when he hits a bust.
Blackjack Live offers players the classic 7 player game in various tables, suiting all types of budgets. The extra features the developer added like the 21+3, Bet Behind, side bets, insurance bets, and ‘DEAL NOW’ buttons add originality to the game. In addition, the hosts take you through what each option means as you play the game if you need a refresher course now and then. The objective of the game is the same as that of classic blackjack; to achieve a hand closer to 21 than the dealers is. Check out the table below to see the stats from the game;
|Bet levels||Vary from site to site|
|Maximum payout||Varies from site to site|
|Special features||Autoplay, side bets, live chat, etc.|
For more games like these on the King Casino platform, check out the following:
- Blackjack Single Hand
- Blackjack Multihand
- Power Blackjack
- Blackjack Party
- Dedicated Blackjacks
- Live Roulette
Players will need to set a bet before starting the game by clicking the circles on the table in front of the betting position within the stipulated time on the timer, usually 15 seconds. The game is played with 8 decks of 52 cards each, following European rules. The beauty of Blackjack Live is that you can select the table you want to play at depending on the stakes you want to bet.
If you find that all the 7 seats on your table are occupied, you can still set a bet via the Bet Behind option. After the 15 seconds run out, the dealer will start drawing the cards. The standard blackjack payouts usually reward in the odds 3:2, but players have the option to set side bets as they go;
- Perfect Pairs – this is a side bet where the players can bet on whether the first two cards drawn will be identical. A payout is carried out depending on what type of similarity is shared between the cards, i.e., suit or colour.
- 21+3 – the 21+3 side bets revolutionise the idea of Perfect Pairs side bets where the first two cards and the dealer’s first card are considered as 3 poker hands.
- Insurance – insurance side bets are offered when the dealer has an Ace as their face-up card. They give a sort of guarantee to a player that even if the game doesn’t go according to plan, there’s still a little chance you might win/walk away with your initial stake. However, insurance bets are considered null if the dealer doesn’t have a blackjack.
- Bet Behind – the bet behind side bet is a unique bet where the player can set a bet even though they found the game already playing. You can bet on the other player’s cards as if they were your own. This feature is useful when you want a seat at the table and are looking to see which player will be eliminated fastest.
Blackjack Live Odds & Payouts
These are some of the payouts you stand to win depending on the bets you set, as discussed in the previous section;
- Perfect Pairs – in the Perfect Pairs side bet, players can set this bet along with their standard wager and receive payouts in odds of 6:1 for a mixed pair of cards, 12:1 for a coloured pair of cards, or 25:1 for a pair in the same suit when their side bets win.
- 21+3 – the payouts for 21+3 side bets pay out in odds of 5:1 for 3 cards of the same suit (a flush), 10:1 for a back-to-back run of matching cards (straight), 30:1 for 3 matching cards (three-of-a-kind), 40:1 for matching cards in the same suit (straight flush), and 100:1 for 3 matching cards in the same suit (three-of-a-kind).
- Insurance – insurance bets can be handy if the dealer has a blackjack, so the payout on your bet is 2:1, and you get back your initial stake. However, if the dealer doesn’t have blackjack, you lose the insurance, so the payout odds hit at 1:2.
- Bet Behind – the thing with the Bet Behind strategy is that the player has no say in how a given hand is played; they can only sit and watch. So, ideally, you want to bet behind a player who has good cards and side bets.
Special Features in Blackjack Live
Evolution Gaming, the developer behind Blackjack Live, refers to this live game as one of the slickest and freshest versions of blackjack online. It is one of several live games in their collection, which they’ve been building since their launch in 2005.
Most of their live casino games are HTML5-enabled, so that you won’t have any problem playing Blackjack Live on mobile devices. The game takes part in a live studio, with the clarity remaining amazing regardless of any device you’re on. These are some of the special features added to blackjack live to make the gameplay entertaining;
- Player chats – you can hear the dealer live and clear; and interact with them or the other players during the game as often as you’d like.
- Volume – you can control the volume of the game using the up/down keys; and adjust the dealer’s voice; or game sounds.
- Viewing options – you can adjust the video quality of the game from auto, low, medium, high, or HD.
- Side bets – you can adjust the settings to have them appear on the screen or not.
Live Blackjack Variants
There are different versions of blackjack live available, suited for different types of players and their budgets. You need to look through each one and decide which one defines you best;
- Infinite Blackjack
This is a one-handed game where many players can play, but it is much faster-paced than a 7-seat game. Players are dealt the same 2-card hands, but they have the freedom to choose how to play it. There are 4 side bets offered, plus the Six Card Charlie rule where if you go 6 cards without busting, you’re declared a winner.
- Speed Blackjack
In this standard 7 Seat table, cards are dealt to players who decided their bets the fastest. There is no waiting time, so the game rounds tend to go very fast. The dealer has to wait for everyone to finish before they can see their cards. It’s a game suited to more professional blackjack players who are tired of waiting around for others and love a quick game.
- Free Bet Blackjack
Doubles and splits are offered as free bets in this version of blackjack live. The dealer can push players winning hands if they land on a bust at 22. There are 4 side bets like in Infinite blackjack, and it is a one-handed unlimited player game.
- High Roller Diamond
This version has all the same rules, except that it is catered for high rollers where bets set could be anywhere from £1,000 to £5,000. High Roller Diamond Blackjack takes place in a posh environment, with even the dealers looking rich and different. The dealer draws on 16 and stands on 17, and players get to double down on their first two cards or split if the hand is of same value.
- The Strip Blackjack
4 decks are used in the game, then reshuffled at the end of each hand. The dealer stands at a value close to 17 or on 17. The player can split 10’s even when they’re different, while Aces can only be split once. Up to 4 hand splits are allowed in the round. The dealer is allowed to only peek at an Ace.
Playing Blackjack Live Online
Now that you know how to play blackjack live, you can see why we’re obsessed with the game. It is one of the best ways to enjoy blackjack, and it helps that there are so many variants of the game to help you find the perfect match for you. Of course, you can always play the live blackjack game on King Casino where you can benefit from a huge welcome bonus worth £150 and up to 20 bonus spins on Book of the Dead after your first £20 cash deposit. If casino games are not your thing, then why not try one of our slots, like the Atlantis MegaWays slot.