Sherlock of London
Sherlock of London from Rabcat is a 5×3 online casino sites slot game that offers a cartoonish take on the famous detective. The streets of London are shrouded in a coat of mist as many popular characters make an appearance, from the dastardly Moriarty to the helpful Dr Watson.
Released in 2019, this medium variance slot has an RTP rate of 96.03%, calculated across 1,000,000 spins and a max jackpot amount of £1,000. The cartoon aesthetic is perfectly suited to the low-stakes found in Sherlock of London online slot games, as the betting range is only small, allowing the player to bet between 25p and £25 per spin.
The extra features here include bonus spins and a wild trail. Before we get to that, though, let’s look at the main game.
Getting started with the Sherlock of London slot game
- 1 Getting started with the Sherlock of London slot game
- 2 Design and symbols
- 3 Sherlock of London Bonus Spins and Special Features
- 4 Is this slot worth playing?
- 5 FAQ’s
It doesn’t take a master detective to figure out how to play Sherlock of London. Look to our step-by-step process to solve this mystery.
- First, you will need to set your stake using the arrows in the bet box provided. You can bet between 25p and £25 for a single spin, and there are twenty-five pay lines.
- Spin the reels and watch the tumbling animation.
- The reels will stop, and the symbols will be in new positions. A winning pay line must consist of three, four or five identical symbols across adjacent reels going from left to right.
- A pay-out is calculated by the number of symbols in the line, the type of symbol and the wager placed. Check the pay table in the Sherlock of London help menu to learn about the different symbol values.
- A wild symbol can replace a regular symbol to complete pay lines, whereas scatters can trigger bonus features.
There we have the simplest way to play the Sherlock of London slot. Next, let’s find out what the game looks like.
Design and symbols
Sherlock of London has a more steam-punk vibe than other slots that draw from the capers of the world’s most famous detective. The low-value card symbols look mechanical, while Victorian era London lies coated in a spooky mist.
The famous compatriots of Sherlock Holmes make up the higher-value symbols, and these are designed to look cartoonish and friendly. Fans of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s work will recognise Irene Adler, Dr Watson, Inspector Lestrade, Moriarty and Sherlock himself. Land five of the symbols representing 221b Baker Street to land the max pay out in the main game of 40x your stake.
The developer behind Sherlock of London is called Rabcat, and they have created other slots with a darker, fictional theme, such as:
- Nikola Tesla’s Incredible Machine
- Anna Van Helsing: Monster Huntress
- North Storm
- Robin of Sherwood
- Moby Dick
- Cops N’ Robbers slot game
- Monte Carlo slots
Sherlock of London Bonus Spins and Special Features
The Sherlock Holmes symbol in Sherlock of London is the game’s wild symbol, and he appears a lot in the extra features. In fact, he makes three appearances in the following bonus features:
- Bonus Spins: Land the Sherlock wild on the 1st and 2nd reel simultaneously to win two bonus spins. All wilds will become sticky for the bonus spins. Land more scatters during this round to further your bonus spin count.
- Connecting Wilds: if a player lands one or more wilds on a spin, the wilds will connect via a pathway, turning any symbols in between into more wilds. This trail can stretch from the very 1st reel to the 5th, transforming all four symbols in its way.
- Double Win: land two wild symbols on adjacent reels, and all wins on the next spin will be doubled.
The duo of Holmes and Watson come together to create the Sherlock of London scatter. Land this three or more times to receive ten bonus spins. The Dr Watson symbol will become the scatter for the bonus spins, and you can even trigger the connecting wilds and double wins features in this round.
Is this slot worth playing?
The overall design and gameplay in Sherlock of London are fantastic, but there are still some things to keep in mind.
For example, Sherlock of London is a low-stakes slot game. The betting range only allows for a max bet of £25 for a spin, and the max jackpot is only £1,000. There are twenty-five fixed bet ways, as well, which removes one element for new players.
The variance is medium, which can leave players waiting a while for a winning pay line to form. However, the RTP rate is 96.03%, just above the average for slots in 2021. This number suggests that the casino will only have a house edge of 4.97%. Discover more information about the Sherlock of London slot from the table below.
|Release Date||10th July 2019|
|Bonus Features||Bonus spins, wilds, scatters, wild trail, double wins|
*All values are subject to change at any time.
At the end of the day, new players could do a lot worse than Sherlock of London. It is an easy game to get the hang of, and the bonus features aren’t too overwhelming.
Let’s wrap up our discussion of the Sherlock of London slot game by answering any more burning questions you may have.
What is the RTP rate in this slot?
The RTP rate in Sherlock of London is 96.03%. This percentage can suggest that we are likely to receive £96.03 of a £100 deposit returned throughout a game.
To further understand how frequently wins appear, we can also look to the Sherlock of London hit rate, which sits at 36.06. This rate suggests that a win will form every 13.5 spins on average.
Can I Play Sherlock of London for free?
Head to King Casino and click on the free play version of this slot to play Sherlock of London with virtual coins instead of real money deposits. Unfortunately, you cannot win real money prizes in this version, but the demo mode can be used to better understand the game before wagering.
How Can I Win on Sherlock of London?
Players will need to match up three, four or five identical symbols across a pay line to form a win. Each symbol pays the following amount for five across a line:
- Card suits: 4x the stake
- Dr Watson: 5x the stake
- Moriarty: 8x the stake
- Irene Adler: 10x the stake
- Lestrade: 20x the stake
- 221B Baker Street: 40x the stake
A wild Sherlock symbol can replace regular symbols to form pay lines. For example, if you land four Dr Watson symbols next to a wild, it will count as a five symbol pay line.
Can I Play Sherlock of London on Mobile?
The Sherlock of London slot game can be accessed via the King Casino website or app. This means that you can play Sherlock of London on the move by playing on IOs or Android devices and tablets. For more mobile slots to play, check out Samurai Split slot.