The Mask new casino game from NextGen is based on the 90s film of the same name. Anyone familiar with the Jim Carrey classic knows to expect wacky high-jinx. So, does The Mask deliver?
This five-reel, twenty pay line slot game comes chock full of special features, including bonus spins, wild blocks and wild transformations. The RTP rate is above average at 96.53%, and you can spin the reels by wagering between 1p and £50 per spin. The max jackpot in The Mask is £25,000, smaller than some slots, but the stakes remain relatively low. So, how do we play this jackpot slots game?
Getting started with The Mask slot game
The titular character in The Mask might be a crazed cartoon persona, but his slot game is more relaxed and easier to get started with.
The main game is comprised of a simple process, which we detail below.
- Set your bet level between 1p and £50 for your spin. There are twenty fixed pay lines.
- Check the paytable in the help menu to learn about the value of each symbol.
- Spin the reels by clicking the play button.
- An animation will play, and wins will only be calculated once the reels stop.
- A winning pay line must consist of three or more identical symbols across adjacent reels going from left to right.
- Wild symbols can replace regular symbols to help finish pay lines, and scatters are used to trigger the bonus features.
It is so easy to play The Mask, but we still need to discuss its appearance.
Design and Symbols
The original film was set in the seedy underbelly of New York City. As such, the dark neon-soaked city sits in the background, evoking the dangerous nature of the film’s protagonist.
The symbols in the game are made up of the film’s characters, such as Milo, Stanley, Tina and The Mask himself which is also this slot’s wild symbol.
The Mask slot game’s graphics are a perfect recreation of the film’s aesthetic, and long term fans will be pleased. NextGen is an iGaming giant, providing only the best slots for desktop and mobile devices. You might also want to give some of their other slots a try, such as:
The Mask Bonus Spins and Special Features
The Mask is a wildly unpredictable character. That might be why this slot game features four randomly triggering extras. During the game the green faced character will spin onto the reels and adds some flair to the gameplay. You can activate:
- In a Spin Feature: the mask will spin across the reels and turn all symbols into wilds, except Stanley and The Mask. These were the only characters to wear the mask in the film, making this feature a nice call back.
- Alarm Feature: the alarm clock will chime across the reels. The Mask will attempt to smash it with a hammer. If successful, the clock will transform into a 2×2 block of wilds.
- Horn Feature: the Mask will squeeze a cartoon horn, and the subsequent blast will transform random symbols into wilds.
- Unmask Feature: the dog, Milo, will place a 3×3 mask symbol into the centre of the reels. Any Stanley symbols covered by this mask can turn into wilds.
That is a lot of wild symbol action, but the extra features don’t end there. Land the bonus symbol three, four or five times during a spin to win ten, fifteen, or twenty-five bonus spins. Land a wild symbol during this feature to win an extra 2x, 3x, 4x, or 5x multiplier. The scatter symbol also acts as a means to win some more bonus spins.
Is this slot worth playing?
After all those bonus features, you might think that The Mask slot game is only good for its chaotic extras. That is somewhat true; however, there are still some things to take into consideration.
First off, this is a lower-stakes slot game as the max bet is capped at just £50 for a single spin. Take into account that the medium variance, and you might find yourself better off for it. The max jackpot is also quite small, at just £25,000.
It seems that the only positive stat in The Mask is its above-average RTP rate. The RTP rate in this slot is 96.53%, calculated across 1,000,000 real money spins of the game. This number suggests that players are likely to receive £96.51 of their deposit back when they bet £100.
The Mask slot game from NextGen is everything fans have come to expect from the game. The bonus features are as chaotic as the film itself, and the low-stakes nature makes this a great entry point for newer slot gamers.
There are still some things left to discuss about The Mask slots game. Let’s do so by answering some of your frequently asked questions.
What is the RTP rate in The Mask?
The Mask slot game has a solid RTP rate of 96.53%, calculated across 1,000,000 spins. This percentage represents the return rate the player can expect throughout a game and suggests that the casino will have a house edge of 3.47%.
Are there any other slots similar to The Mask?
Branded slot games are always making their way onto great slot sites, like King Casino. Here, you can play similar games to The Mask, such as:
- Hell’s Kitchen
- ZZ Top: Roadside Riches
- Battleship: Direct Hit
- Jimi Hendrix
- The King slot
Can I Play The Mask for Free
Anyone unsure about committing to real money play can use the demo version of The Mask to play with virtual coins instead of real money coins. Use this to get accustomed to the slot, but be advised that you cannot win real money prizes in this version.
How Can I Win on The Mask?
Players can win a prize in The Mask slot game by lining up three, four, or five identical symbols across a pay line on a single spin. These symbols all have different values, with the most lucrative being the mask symbol.
Can I Play The Mask on Mobile?
Sometimes, the best way to experience a slot game is on the move. That is why NextGen has made The Mask available on both IOS and Android devices. Just log in to King Casino on your smartphone, and you can start playing this slot wherever you are.
Ready To Play?
Browse More Games
Read reviews & play other popular slot games at King Casino