Live Roulette is the best thing that could have happened to roulette lovers. This is because the online casino game by Evolution Gaming allows you to have the feel of being in a casino while not being in one. It has the same level of adrenaline that the roulette table at a land-based casino would have, complete with the interaction you were missing at those tables.
*Any values mentioned are subject to change.
Live Roulette Game Overview
The house edge in live roulette varies from variant to variant. The most popular versions of roulette, i.e., European Roulette (has a single 0), has a house edge of 2.7%, while American Roulette (has two 00) has a house edge of 5.26%.
Other versions like the triple zero variants have a house edge of 7.69%, and so on. Most online casinos have a selection of different best slots games available, so you’ll be better off registering on one like King Casino to enjoy the amazing variety.
How to Play Live Roulette
If you haven’t been lucky enough to encounter roulette until this point in time, then be ready for your life to change. Roulette is one of the most preferred table games because it requires little skill or expertise. The game is played on a wheel containing numbers 1 to 36 and a 0 or 00 depending on which version of roulette you play.
The numbers are marked in black and red sections, and the 0 is in the green section. The objective is to place a bet on either the red or black section before the dealer closes betting time and spins the wheel after that.
If the wheel stops in the section you had bet on; you receive a payout. Live Roulette works the same way except that the action takes place in a live studio, with an actual dealer spinning the wheel.
Live Roulette was such a hit that the developer produced more than 9 variants of the game. Playing roulette live is awesome because more than 1,000 players can play at one table.
The dealer also puts in practices to maintain the integrity of the game like; checking the balls for conformity, checking the wheels for bias, alternating the spin direction after 2 spins, etc. One of the most crucial things about roulette is the difference between inside bets and outside bets.
For similar casino games, check the following:
Earlier, we mentioned how roulette is played using inside bets and outside bets. How you set your bets depends on the regions of the board, where bets placed on numbers are inside bets, while those placed on other sections on the board are outside bets. The following are types of inside bets;
- Straight- place your chip over a single number to make this bet.
- Split – a bet covering two adjacent numbers set when you place your chip on a shared edge.
- Street – a street bet covers three numbers in a vertical line when you place your chip on the outer edge of the row.
- Corner – place your chip on the common corner to cover 4 numbers in a square.
- Double street – also known as a six line is a bet that covers two adjacent vertical lines made when you place your chip on the outer corner of the first numbers.
- Trio – a three-number bet featuring zero and two adjacent numbers set when you place your chip in the middle where 3 squares meet.
These are types of outside bets you can place on a roulette table;
- Low or high – bets are classified as low or high, with bets on numbers 1 to 18 considered low bets, while those from 19 to 36 are high bets.
- Red or black – this type of bet is set for all the numbers in either red or black. If your winning number features any of your chosen colours, you win.
- Even or Odd – an even or odd bet is set on all even/odd numbers except for number 0.
- Dozens – you bet on the first, second, or third square on 12 numbers.
- Columns – these bets are made on one of 3 columns containing 12 numbers, with a payout in store for you when you land anywhere one of the numbers hit.
Live Roulette Odds & Payouts
Different payouts are expected in the roulette variants you play because of the 0 or 00; and whether you set an inside/outside bet. Sometimes the inside bets are only available in certain versions; for example, the ‘first four’ bet covers 0-1-2-3, and is only available in European roulette.
The ‘basket’ bet that covers 00-0-1-2-3, is only available in American roulette. Here are some of the odds expected from all the inside and outside bets;
- Straight up bet – placed on a single number and odds of 35:1
- Split bet – splits 2 numbers and pays 17:1
- Street bet – covers 3 numbers in a row and pays 11:1
- Corners – covers 4 numbers and pays 8:1
- Basket – covers 1, 2, 3, and both zeros and pays 6:1
- Line – covers 6 numbers in 2 rows and pays 5:1
- Column – covers 12 numbers, odds of 2:1
- Dozen – covers 12 numbers, odds of 2:1
- Low number – covers numbers 1 to 18, odds of 1:1
- High number – covers numbers 19 to 36, odds of 1:1
- Red/black – covers red or black numbers, odds of 1:1
Special Features in Live Roulette
Live Roulette is considered the most played game in Evolution Gaming’s collection of casino games. Players will find that this is obvious just from the huge numbers of players who arrive at the roulette tables to play. The developer started producing casino games in 2005 but remained fairly unknown by players who enjoy slot games mostly.
This is mainly because their forte is live casino games, praised for interactive gameplay and amazing graphics and design. Evolution Gaming live games work great even on a smartphone screen where the developer has squeezed in everything, but improved functionality. There are also some special features added to the game to improve the user experience;
- Player interface – the player can choose 3 different screen layouts; multi-camera view, 3D view, and classic view.
-Multi-camera lets you automatically switch angles during the game, giving you the best views of the wheel and table.
-3D view offers a more traditional view of the table, including the betting grid and racetrack.
-Classic view is for when connection speeds get low, but the chat and playing options are always displayed.
- Live chat – players can chat with the dealer during gameplay, but it depends on which playing interface you’re on. If you’re big on locking eyes with the dealer, multi-camera view is best, while the 3D view is the worst. Classic view lets you hat with the dealer while playing, and the other players too if you want.
- Special bets – players can use the special bets interface to complete number bets, Finales En Cheval and Finale En Plein, when they see fit. You can also check detailed statistics from the game for up to the last 500 spins to guide you in placing bets. You can also save your favourite bets and view them later, perhaps if you wanted to use the same layout.
Live Roulette Variants
Remember when we said there are over 9 variants of Live Roulette? This section will look at 3 of the most popular ones; Automatic Roulette, Lightning Roulette, and High-roller Roulette.
- Lightning Roulette – the key feature in Lightning Roulette is that winning spins will have a multiplier value applied. There will be up to 5 numbers randomly selected and assigned multipliers ranging from 50x to 500x. If you bet on these numbers on your initial bet and the wheel stops there, you win. It only works for straight bets, and the payout is 29:1, instead of 35:1.
- Automatic Roulette – in Auto Roulette, a major shift happens; the wheel spins on its own instead of a dealer spinning it. As a result, the games require a betting time of 17 seconds, and a main round of 45 seconds- just about the same time it takes to play Live Roulette.
- High Roller Roulette – this version follows all the same rules, with the only difference being that the stakes are much higher. The game also takes place in a designated high roller room, with the tables, dealers, and wheel even decked out.
Playing Live Roulette Online
It’s not difficult to see why live roulette is the most popular casino game released; the adrenaline and action is unmatched. The feeling of holding onto your buttocks, beads of sweat forming on the tip of your hairline, is something only live roulette can give you.
You can join thousands of other players online on King Casino right now to play roulette live. An exciting welcome offer worth £150 and up to 20 bonus spins on Book of the Dead await you after you deposit your first £20. If roulette is not your thing, then perhaps Live Baccarat might be right up your alley.
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.