Both style and fantasy collide in NextGen’s Kingdom’s Edge slot game. This five-reel online casino slot is set in the magical kingdom of Elaris, and the story centres on King Trenin and his followers. You can play Kingdom’s Edge by placing a stake between 20p and £50 per spin, and the max win in this slot is £500,000.
There are buckets of imagination on display in Kingdom’s Edge in the theme and also the gameplay. Bonus features include bonus spins, nudges and expanding wilds. The slots variance in Kingdom’s Edge is high, whereas the RTP rate is 95.4%.
So, what can we expect to find in the kingdom of Elaris?
*Any values mentioned are subject to change.
Getting started with Kingdom’s Edge
Let’s begin our journey by discussing the main game. There are no surprises in Kingdom’s Edge. The idea of matching pay lines is the same as it is in most slots. A winning pay line must consist of three or more identical symbols across adjacent reels, like a row. To start matching pay lines, you must:
- Set your bet level using the coin icon. You can bet anywhere between 20p and £50 for a single spin, and there are twenty pay lines.
- Spin the reels and wait for the animation to play.
- Players can skip the spinning animation using the Turbo mode, represented by the fast-forward arrow.
- The reels will stop, and pay outs will be distributed for any lines that contain three, four or five identical symbols going from left to right.
- You can check the value of these symbols using the help menu. Scatter symbols are used to trigger bonus features, and wilds will replace regular symbols to help complete, or add to, pay lines.
The main game in Kingdom’s Edge is easy to get the hang of, but it can’t have been easy designing such an involved slot.
Design and Symbols
The concept behind the Kingdom’s Edge slot game is quite involved. There is a fantasy landscape taking up the background, and the music soars. However, visually, it isn’t very pleasant. The symbols in Kingdom’s Edge are rendered in 2D, and it isn’t flattering. The game was released in 2018, after all.
These symbols include the heroes of the realm. There is a knight, archer, dwarf and magician. The knight is the most valuable symbol and pays out 5x the player’s stake for five across a pay line. The graphics in Kingdoms Edge are not bad; however, a bit more care would have matched the lofty theme.
NextGen is the developer behind Kingdom’s Edge. Their imagination knows no bounds, and you can see it at play in other slots, such as:
Kingdom’s Edge Bonus Spins and Special Features
Kingdom’s Edge comes with a host of bonus features. There is a bonus spins mode and some neat tricks to help players defend the castle. There are two types of wilds in Kingdom’s Edge, silver and gold. Each one acts differently during the special features. The bonus features in Kingdom’s Edge include:
- Rally the Troops: the King Trenin symbol is the game’s wild symbol and appears stacked on the 1st Land this on a spin to trigger the Rally the Troops feature. This feature expands the silver wilds to fill a single reel. If you land a hero pay line with this wild, your multiplier will be increased 1x.
- Bonus Spins: the Elaris Shield symbol is the scatter symbol, and you need to land this three or more times during a spin to trigger the bonus spins feature. Land three, four or five scatters to receive fifteen, twenty, or twenty-five bonus spins.
- Nudge Feature: Land the gold wild partially on the first reel to trigger the nudge feature. The whole reel will nudge to fit the wild on the reel. If it is a stacked wild, the player will receive either five or ten bonus spins. If you trigger the Rally the Troops feature during a bonus spin, the multiplier for all wins will be increased by 5x.
It is nice to see the classic nudge feature make it into an online slot. Perhaps Kingdom’s Edge has more of a retro vibe than previously thought.
Is this slot game worth playing?
The Kingdom’s Edge slot has a lot going for it. It can be an immersive experience, but how do the stats shape up?
The RTP rate is quite solid for an older slot released in 2018. Kingdom’s Edge has an RTP rate of 95.4%, calculated across 1,000,000 real money spins. This number is just shy of the average for an online slot in 2021 and suggests that the casino will have a 4.6% house edge.
The betting range is quite small, whereas the overall max jackpot is quite large. You can bet a max of £50 per spin, and the max jackpot is £500,000. However, don’t expect large wins to come often. Kingdom’s Edge has a high variance, which means winning pay lines will not form very often.
NextGen has created a world of their own in Kingdom’s Edge. Let’s hope players find the basic gameplay enough so that they can stick around and enjoy it.
The best way to wrap up the discussion about the Kingdom’s Edge slot game is by looking at points we have yet to mention. Here are some frequently asked questions.
What is the RTP in Kingdom’s Edge?
Kingdom’s Edge has an RTP of 95.4%. A slot’s RTP rate represents the return to player amount. From this, we can guess that a player is likely to receive back £95.40 for every £100 deposited into Kingdom’s Edge.
Are there any similar slots to Kingdom’s Edge?
NextGen isn’t the only ones clever enough to create their own fantasy realm. Other fantasy slot games include:
- City of Gold
- Magic Spell
- Odin’s Riches
- Game of Thrones
- King Ramses slot
Can I Play Kingdom’s Edge for Free?
The free play mode of Kingdom’s Edge can be found on King Casino. Use this version to play the slot with virtual coins to get used to how the slot plays. When you are ready, commit to a real money deposit. However, please be advised that you cannot win real money prizes in the demo version.
How Can I win on Kingdom’s Edge?
Wins in Kingdom’s Edge are made up of three, four or five identical symbols going left to right across the reels. There are two wilds in Kingdom’s Edge, gold and silver. These wilds can add to pay lines to help increase the pay-out. For example, a three symbol pay line that lands adjacent to a wild will count as a four symbol pay line.
What is the most I can win on Kingdom’s Edge?
The Kingdom’s Edge slot game has a max jackpot of £500,000. This number is only achievable by players that bet the max of £50 for their spin, and you will also have to engage in some of the slot’s bonus features.
Can I Play Kingdom’s Edge on Mobile?
You can play Kingdom’s Edge on mobile, tablet and desktops. All you need to do is log in to King Casino on the device of your choice. Kingdom’s Edge has limited graphics, which means it will run perfectly on both IOS and Android devices.
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.