John Hunter and the Aztec Treasure is a 5-reel video slot from Pragmatic Play, with a Megaways engine and up to 7,776 potential ways to win!
*Any values mentioned are subject to change.
John Hunter and the Aztec Treasure Game Overview
Go on an adventure with John Hunter to explore ancient Aztec ruins and search for secret treasures.
This slot game takes place in a Mesoamerican rainforest, and you can see an Aztec temple peeking out from behind the reels. It has a mysterious soundtrack to keep you company as you spin the reels. Although, you can turn it off if you’d prefer to play in solitude.
John Hunter and the Aztec Treasure slot machine offers a maximum potential win worth up to 9,000x your stake. It’s also a high volatility slot, with a score of 4.5 out of 5, as indicated by the developers.
Stakes range from a minimum of £0.20 up to £12 a spin online at King Casino. But, of course, you must log in or join the site before you can load and play the slot. If you’re ready to start exploring with John Hunter, you can click the play button below, or you can read on to learn more about the game.
How To Play The John Hunter and the Aztec Treasure Slot
You can follow the short steps below to get started playing the John Hunter and the Aztec Treasure slot game:
- Tap the stack of casino chips by the left of the screen to place your preferred bet. You can adjust the coin value, or total bet using the + and – buttons.
- If you want to see the game info like features, rules, and paytable, click the “i” button at the bottom right of the screen. But for the general game settings like sound, visit the three-bar menu at the opposite end.
- Finally, hit the large centre spin button to start playing a new game round.
Once you open this game, you’ll notice it has five reels, each randomly showing two to six symbols. As a result, you can potentially get up to 7,776 ways-to-win.
To score a win, you must land three or more matching symbols on adjacent reels, beginning from the leftmost reel to the right. If this happens, it will earn you a payout depending on the number of matching symbols.
The symbols in this slot show off the Aztec theme, and the attention to detail displayed in their designs can be impressive. For example, beautiful signs and writings are carved on the card ranks, which are meant to serve as low-value characters. Then, there are symbols like fire torches, hats and ropes, toucans, snakes, panthers, and John Hunter himself.
- Fire torches can reward you at most 0.75x your wager for five-of-a-kind;
- Hats and toucans can fetch you 1x your stake (or less);
- Snakes are worth up to 1.5x your bet;
- Panthers can grant you up to 2.5x your stake;
- John Hunter offers as high as 4x your wager for five matching symbols!
The Golden Aztec mask is the wild symbol, and it can appear on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th reels. In addition, it can substitute for other symbols, except for the scatters.
The scatter symbol in this slot resembles a warrior’s shield. But, unlike the wilds, It can appear in any position on the grid. Besides, it can unlock the free spins feature if you land up to three in a single spin, notwithstanding their position on the grid.
The Free Spins Bonus Round
If you activate this feature, you’ll get a number of free spins depending on the number of triggering symbols involved. However, the bonus wheel determines the exact number of free spins you get.
The following are the number of free spins you can possibly get from the wheel.
- 5 to 25 free spins if you land three triggering scatters;
- 10 to 25 free spins if you land four triggering scatters;
- 15 to 25 free spins if you land up to five triggering symbols.
In addition, you can get a random win multiplier worth 2x, 3x, 5x, 7x, or up to 10x to apply to all your potential wins. Lastly, any new set of scatter symbols greater than two in view can award you additional free spins, also decided by the wheel. Nevertheless, the more scatter characters you get, the more extra free spins you can possibly get. For example,
- Two new scatters in view can earn you 3, 4, 5, 10, or 15 additional free spins;
- Three new scatters in view can award you 4, 5, 10, or 15 extra free spins;
- Four bonus scatters in view can grant you 5, 10, or 15 additional free spins; while
- Five bonus scatters in a spin will result in either 10 or 15 extra free spins!
Return To Player
Return to Player (RTP): 94.5%.
RTP is used to explain the potential money that an online slot or casino game can pay back to players. It appears as a percentage and is generally calculated from gameplay over a long duration of time.
For example, if a slot has a RTP of 97% this means that it could pay back £97 for every £100 wagered.
However, there is no guarantee that players will receive this amount, as slot payouts are entirely random.
If you are looking for more slots featuring the adventurous John Hunter, then check out some of the following titles:
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.