Wicked Tales: Dark Red
Everyone knows the story of Little Red Riding Hood. However, Triple Edge Studios decided to put a dark twist on the tale in their online casino 2021 slot game, Wicked Tales: Dark Red. Enter the dark forest of Ravenmire, where Little Red Riding Hood encounters the vampire, instead of a talking wolf, to try and match pay lines.
This slot game has a 3x3x4x4x4 structure, adding to the chaos, and there are twenty-five fixed pay lines. The odd layout in Wicked Tales: Dark Red is crucial to the signature wandering reels feature that includes jumbo symbols for larger wins.
The RTP is a respectable 96.1%, and the max win stands at £200,000. Wicked Tales: Dark Red is the perfect slot for Halloween, so how do we play it?
Getting started with Wicked Tales: Dark Red slots
Don’t let the premise of this slot game scare you; it is quite easy to get into. To play Wicked Tales: Dark Red, follow our detailed process below.
- Set your wager. You can bet anywhere between 25p and £200 per spin, and there are twenty-five fixed pay lines.
- Spin the reels and watch the eerie animations play.
- The reels will stop, and the player needs to land three, four or five identical symbols from left to right across a pay line.
- Alternatively, the wild symbols can act as a substitute for regular symbols. Players can use this mechanic to land two identical symbols adjacent to a wild symbol to achieve a win.
Pay-out amounts are based on the type of symbols, the number of symbols in a line and the player’s initial wager. Always check out the slot game’s paytable to find out the value of each symbol. If you are looking for other slots to play, you can easily find them at this link: https://www.kingcasino.com/slots/.
Design and Symbols
Ravenmire is not a cheery place. Triple Edge Studios takes the original fairy tales innocence and twists it to create the theme of Wicked Tales: Dark Red. The graphics are beautifully designed to bring the haunted atmosphere to life, and the symbols on the reels are used as a way to retell this children’s classic tale.
These symbols include candles, coins, pendants, wolves and a burly woodsman. Red Riding Hood makes an appearance, too, in a much more ferocious guise. She is the slot’s most valuable symbol, worth 80x the stake for five across a pay line. The Wild is represented by the Wicked Tales: Dark Red logo and comes with its own pay out.
Wicked Tales: Dark Red is not the only slot from Triple Edge Studios with a dark twist. It is pretty much the developer’s modus operandi. If you like the spookier side of slots, why not try one of their other games, such as:
- Assassin Moon
- Book of Oz
- African Quest
- Diamond Inferno
- Ancient Fortunes: Zeus
- Hansel and Gretel slot game
- Big Bad Wolf Game
Wicked Tales: Dark Red Bonus Spins and Special Features
It isn’t all doom and gloom in Wicked Tales: Dark Red. The slot has a bunch of bonus features, including the aforementioned Wandering Reels feature. Let’s look at each of these features in detail.
- Wandering Reels: the group of three reels can move across the screen. They will connect at the start, in the middle, or the end of the reels. This small set contains jumbo symbols, meaning they are more likely to land in a pay line.
- Wolf’s Wheel: land three of the moon scatter symbols to activate the bonus wheel. Spin it to win some prizes, including 20x your stake. This wheel is also used to trigger other bonus features.
- Bonus Spins: land a high symbol on the Wolf’s Wheel to receive nine free spins. Whichever symbol you land will be featured heavily during these bonus spins. This element is especially helpful if you land the Red Riding Hood symbol as she pays out the most.
- Forest Pick Feature: land the treasure chest on the bonus wheel to pick and win cash prizes. There are ten choices, and the multiplier will increase by 1x for each successful pick. The max multiplier in this round is 20x the stake; however, click an immunity, and the round will end.
Is this Slot worth playing?
The best way to tell if a slot is worth playing is by looking at the stats. Each player has their own preference, so we at King Casino have laid out everything you need to know to stay informed.
Wicked Tales: Dark Red has a healthy RTP rate of 96.1%. This number suggests that players will rarely dip below their starting bet as the return rate is quite good. Couple the RTP with a medium variance, and we can expect to receive some form of win after only a few spins. These pay out values can vary wildly, but they still count as wins.
You can play Wicked Tales: Dark Red with a stake between 25p and £200 per spin, which means the stakes can be set extremely high. Plus, the game has a max jackpot of £200,000. Find out more information about Wicked Tales: Dark Red in the table below.
|Release Date||26th September 2018|
|Developer||Triple Edge Studios|
|Bonus Features||Bonus Spins, Wilds, Jumbo Symbols, Wandering Reels, Pick Me Round, Bonus Wheel.|
*All values are subject to change at any time.
Wicked Tales: Dark Red has an inventive theme and some great extra features. It is a little edgy for some tastes, but the wandering reels is a unique feature that every slot player should try at least once, and you can do so now at King Casino.
The Wicked Tales: Dark Red slots game has a lot more going for it than a spooky theme. Let’s find out more by answering some frequently asked questions.
What is the RTP rate in Wicked Tales: Dark Red?
An RTP rate can determine how much of our deposit we can expect returned. With an RTP rate of 96.1%, the Wicked Tales: Dark Red slot is likely to pay out £96.10 for every £100 deposit.
Are there any similar slot games to Wicked Tales: Dark Red?
The horror genre gets some good representation among online slot games. If you like Wicked Tales: Dark Red, you should also try:
- Blood Suckers
- Wicked Circus
- Vlad’s Castle
- Vikings Fortune: Hold and Win slot
Can I Play Wicked Tales: Dark Red for Free?
You can play Wicked Tales: Dark Red for free by using the demo version at King Casino. Play with virtual coins instead of real money deposits to get used to the game before playing the standard version. However, you cannot win real money prizes from a demo slot.
How can I win in Wicked Tales: Dark Red?
A win on Wicked Tales: Dark Red can be easily achieved by spinning the reels and lining up three or more identical symbols across a pay line. Alternatively, land the Wolf’s Wheel feature to engage in the Pick Me round to play for cash prizes.
What is the highest win in Wicked Tales: Dark Red?
The highest win in Wicked Tales: Dark Red is £200,000. This amount can be won with the max bet of £200 and landing the max multiplier of 1,000x.
Can I Play Wicked Tales: Dark Red on Mobile?
Mobile slots are very popular these days, mostly because of the use of HTML5 in development. Thankfully, Wicked Tales: Dark Red has been optimized for mobile devices, and it runs great on both smartphones and desktops.