San Quentin is an xWays online casino slot by developer NoLimit City. There are features such as bonus spins, split symbols, expanding reels, walking wilds and more. The Return to Player (RTP) on this high-volatility slot is 96.03%, with a max payout of 150,000x your stake.
*Any values mentioned are subject to change.
San Quentin Slot Review
When it comes to the best slots online, there have been a few with peculiar themes. Constantly pushing boundaries when it comes to gameplay and design, NoLimit City may have just claimed one of the best online slot games out there with its theme based on California’s infamous landmark.
San Quentin, their latest slot, is based on the well-known jail located in San Francisco and features some rather intense graphics. However, when it comes to gameplay, there’s more light at the end of the tunnel for you, with a significant maximum win and several innovative extra features, like bonus spins.
San Quentin is a highly volatile prison slot, with 5 reels and 243 chances to win. Enhancer Cells may open up to expose xWays Mystery Symbols, Razor Split symbols and other goodies. Also, the Lockdown bonus round features up to 3 Jumping Wilds and a 150,000x multiplier.
How to Play the San Quentin Slot
Players can follow the footsteps of Michael Schofield and try their hand at this prison break themed slot, on any device, selecting bets from 20p to £32 per spin. It has high volatility, which can be harsh or rewarding in the same vein, like no other online slot, offering wins of up to 150,000x your stake, which is massive.
Beefy Dick, Loco Luis, Heinrich the 3rd, Biker Bill, and Crazy Joe are among the five prisoners featured in the video, which has a hit frequency of 34.25%. You wouldn’t want to have an encounter with them, let alone share a tiny cell with them. As symbols though? You are actually going to want to run into them, because these five inmates are the keys to the higher-paying premium symbols, costing 2.5x as much as the other symbols.
Two wilds are available to help you construct a winning combination. The first is a standard wild that substitutes for all other symbols. A Split is the other form of wild. When Divide wilds emerge, they split the pay symbols above and below the reel, resulting in a threefold increase in the number of pay symbols.
RTP and Variance in San Quentin
San Quentin’s RTP is 96.03%. It’s also a high variance slot game, which means you could possibly get bigger wins than you would in a medium volatility slot, but they could come around less frequently.
Theme and Graphics
The San Quentin slot is named after San Francisco’s most infamous prison, San Quentin State Prison, which houses the state’s male death row inmates. San Quentin has housed several renowned convicts and has even been host to various concerts. It’s perhaps one of the most well-known prisons in the world, having been featured in various films too.
The background is the prison walls, which contain barbed wire along the top. Security cameras on either side of the reel contribute to the theme with sharp and high definition visuals. You’re treated to a jivey Latin sounding soundtrack in the background too.
Convicts symbolise the 5 higher-value symbols. Toilet paper, handcuffs, Zippo lighters, and bars of soap are among the symbols on the reels that you’re likely to see or find in a prison.
- Enhancer cell placements: are locked at the top and bottom of each reel. They may reveal one of the top five paying symbols, Wild, Razor Split, or xWays, when they are triggered to open. All ordinary positions will be split in half if you land on top or bottom. All four stacked xWays symbols will show the same normal paying symbols.
- Bonus triggers: occur when 1 or 2 bonus symbols appear on a reel, the Enhancer cell on that reel will open, turning the bonus symbol into a wild. Lockdown Spins are triggered when three or more bonus symbols appear on the screen.
- Lockdown spins: are triggered when 3, 4, or 5 bonus symbols appear on the screen, with 1, 2, or 3 starting Jumping Wilds. Throughout the feature, the Enhancer reels will remain open and active, with the chance to add more Jumping Wilds and spins by landing another bonus symbol.
- Before the feature begins, the number of spins will be determined and shown in the enhancer cells, along with an additional multiplier on a random convict premium symbol.
- Wilds that split and jump: can appear on any reel in the main game. All regular symbols on the same reel will be split by the Split Wild. For each spin, Jumping Wilds will jump to a random normal reel position. When a Jumping Wild appears on a reel with a Razor Split enhancer, the multiplier is doubled for the duration of the feature. A Jumping Wild’s maximum multiplier is 512x.
The game’s maximum payoff is 150,000x your initial wager. The lockdown spins will stop when the total exceeds this amount.
San Quentin Slot Verdict
Overall, NoLimit City’s San Quentin slot is amazing in terms of design and subject – and it has the potential to be generous in a way that most slots never could (150,000x).
There are a plethora of intriguing elements that sets San Quentin apart from other online slots. Enhancer Cells and Split Wilds are lovely in the base game, and you can open a cell or break apart symbols, giving you more control of your gameplay.
San Quentin Slot FAQs
What is the RTP of the San Quentin Slot?
San Quentin from NoLimit City has a payout percentage of 96.03%.
What is the highest available award in San Quentin?
The most you may win in this online slot is 150,000x your investment. This is one of the most lucrative jackpots we’ve ever seen in an online slot machine.
Is it possible to get a bonus spins bonus in San Quentin?
Getting 3 or more bonus symbols will activate the bonus spins bonus in this slot. Jumping wilds are added to the reels during this round, one high-paying symbol has a multiplier connected to it, and select reels have their Enhancer Cells unlocked.
Is it compatible with Mobile Devices?
Yes, you can play San Quentin on your mobile and PC.
In San Quentin, how do the Split Wilds work?
When a split wild appears on the reels, all symbols above are split into 2, boosting the number of ways to win.
Games Similar To San Quentin
Other similar games include:
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.