Rise of Athena
Awaken your inner goddess in the 5 reel, 10 payline Rise of Athena slot by Play ‘n GO. Bonus Features available in the Greek mythology-themed slot include; multipliers, bonus spins, and sticky wilds, so newbies and professionals will have an easy time navigating the online casino game.
Each of the wilds has a multiplier value of up to 3x, so 3 wilds can combine into a 27x multiplier. You might not trigger the bonuses in Rise of Athena often because of the medium volatility, but the 96.2% RTP is high, so chances could improve as you play. So make your bets from 10p to £100 per spin to enjoy the casino slots game on all your devices, or keep reading to see what else Rise of Athena has in store.
*Any values mentioned are subject to change.
Getting Started with Rise of Athena Slot
You can log into King Casino to play the Rise of Athena slot online if you’re already registered. If this is your first time signing in, you’ll need to create an account before you can play. The King Casino site will require you to do the following;
- Click the Join Now button, so the dialog box appears on the screen.
- Fill in the dialogue box and confirm your details are correct.
- Make your first deposit as little as £20 to register and win a £150 bonus plus 20 extra spins on limited slots.
Now, as a registered member, you can play as many slot games as you like. You can start with Rise of Athena once you find it in the Slots tab. Click on the game name, so it loads on the screen, but go through the following instructions before you start playing;
- Wait for a few seconds when you click on Rise of Athena to allow the game to power on.
- Once you see the grid and reels, note that this is a 10 fixed payline slot, so you will have 10 active lines on each spin.
- You can’t click the Spin button before setting your wagers, so use the Bet button to set your preferred stakes from 10p to £100 per spin.
- When you confirm your bet and click Spin, the symbols will get jumbled up for a few seconds before the reels come to a stop. Alternatively, you can use the Autoplay function to select up to 100 spins.
- Winning combinations in Rise of Athena are possible when 3 or more matching symbols land on a payline starting left to right. However, you only need 2 matching Athena symbols for it to be counted as a win. A payout will be calculated based on the value of the symbols, e.g., 5 matching Athena symbols will reward a 150x stake payout.
- The special symbols include a standard W coin wild that can land on all the 3 middle reels and substitute other symbols to complete a win. In addition, there’s a multiplier wild that can land as 1x, 2x, or 3x.
It would help if you played the Rise of Athena demo first, so you can understand how the game works before making a real bet on King Casino.
Design & Symbols
The Rise of Athena theme is based on the Greek goddess of war, Athena popularly known as Athene. Players will get to harness the power of the mighty goddess as they conquer the reels. The design features a standard Greek mythology design, but the clarity is crisp. A Greek temple is the setting for the Rise of Athena slot action, with symbols on the reels including; warrior helmets, the goddess Athena, ancient scrolls, Pegasus, and amphoras.
Athena rewards the highest payouts where 2, 3, 4, or 5 in a winning combination award 1x, 10x, 25x, or 150x a stake. The wild symbol is represented by the W coin wild, which can replace all the other symbols except the scatter. You can enjoy the game on all your devices, including PC, tablet, and smartphone, where the quality looks more amazing because of the small screen.
Sweden is the home to some of the best developers, so it only makes sense that Play ‘n GO is based in that region. If you’re just discovering their casino games, then you’ll be surprised that this company has been operating since 1997. Play ‘n GO has a portfolio consisting of 200+ slots to ensure there’s something for every punter. Some you might enjoy;
- Legacy of Dead
- Centurion Slot Game
- Legend of Hercules Super Stake Game
- Medusa slot game
- Rise of Olympus slots
- Rich Wilde and the Shield of Athena Slot
Rise of Athena Bonus Spins & Special Features
The bonuses available in the Rise of Athena slot are perfect because they cater to newbies, and professional players. For example, we will get into the multiplier wilds feature, and the bonus spins feature below.
- Multiplier Wilds feature – multiplier wilds can land on the middle reels same as the standard wild to trigger wilds as follows; 1x, 2x, and 3x. If a winning combination includes a multiplier wild, a multiplier is applied to the resulting win. If any winning combination features more than 1 of these wilds, all the multiplier values are combined. The maximum multiplier available is 27x, which is achieved through landing 3 3x multiplier wilds.
- Bonus Spins feature – the Owl of Athena scatter is the key to triggering the Rise of Athena bonus spins feature. If 3, 4, or 5 scatter symbols land, they also award payouts of 1x, 20x, or 500x a stake, respectively, and 12 bonus spins. Any wild that lands during the spins will turn into a sticky wild, including the multiplier wilds. However, the multiplier’s value decreases by 1 with each spin until you run out. When all your spins are done, the multiplier wild disappears completely. Unfortunately, the bonus spins can’t be retriggered.
Is this slot game worth playing?
Rise of Athena would probably be the first pick among newbies looking to level up their skills in the Greek mythology genre. A professional might feel underwhelmed by the bonus features or lack of creativity to the theme if they are into visuals. However, Rise of Athena has its pros, for example, the high 96% RTP and medium volatility.
The maximum 5,000x stake win is also not bad, especially because some players claim to have won more. The minimum stake possible is 10p, while the maximum is £100, so it suits low rollers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now that you understand of the Rise of Athena slot, we will look into some of the questions that may still be lingering in mind.
What is the Rise of Athena RTP?
The Return to Player is the theoretical average an online slot is likely to pay after playing for a given amount of time. Rise of Athena has a 96% RTP which is the average for most slots, though some can hit 97% or higher. Its medium volatility means that payouts might be a hit or miss and won’t arrive as quick as you’d want them to.
Can I play Rise of Athena for Free?
Yes, you can play Rise of Athena for free online, but not using your King Casino membership. This is because King Casino is a real money casino that does not support free games. The Rise of Athena demo is available on a few casino review sites, though, but remember, demos don’t offer any monetary benefit. It’s better to sign up on King Casino, where the bonuses start as soon as you sign up. You can claim up to £150 and 20 extra spins on selected slots after a minimum £20 deposit.
What is the most I can win on Rise of Athena?
The maximum payout in Rise of Athena is 5,000x a stake, which you’re likely to win via the 27x multipliers in the Multiplier Wilds feature. However, some players claim the game awards more, so we’ll leave you to be the judge. And for more slots with big awards, look no further than our jackpot games, like the Respin King Jackpot slot!
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.