If you enjoy Irish-themed slots, you must have heard about Rainbow Riches, one of the most played casino slots worldwide. It features 5 reels and 20 fixed paylines, and a 95% Return to Player percentage. One reason why many punters enjoy the 2009 Barcrest slot is the wide betting range of 20p to £400 per spin.
Multipliers are the main bonus in Rainbow Riches; and how the maximum 500x stake payout comes along. Keep reading our review to learn more about the mildly volatile Rainbow Riches slot, or play on King Casino after depositing your first £20 and winning a 500 bonus spins bonus on limited slots.
Getting Started with Rainbow Riches Slot
- 1 Getting Started with Rainbow Riches Slot
- 2 Design & Symbols
- 3 Rainbow Riches Bonus Spins & Special Features
- 4 Is this slot game worth playing?
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
The best place to the Rainbow Riches slot is on a certified online casino like King Casino. Before you start, you’ll need to register an account by following these steps;
- Visit the site and click the ‘Join Now’ button.
- Complete the blanks in the dialog box on the screen requesting your name, email address, and mobile number.
- Confirm the email address you provided is up to date.
- Deposit your first £20, and win up to 20 bonus spins on Book of The Dead.
Now that your account is active, you can start up the Rainbow Riches slot as soon as you like. Once you find it in the ‘Slots’ section on the site, click on it to appear on the screen. A short intro animation will play before you see the reel structure and paytable on the screen. Note the following before you start;
- This is a 20 fixed payline slot, so the player will be required to play on all the lines each round.
- Use the + and – stake buttons to set your preferred bets from 20p to £400 per spin. Click ‘Spin’ after confirming your bets to start the game officially.
- The reels will shuffle for a few seconds while the symbols occupy random positions before coming to a stop.
- Winning combinations in Rainbow Riches comprise 3, 4, or 5 matching symbols, with the wild awarding the highest payout. When 3, 4, or 5 wilds land, players receive 3x, 10x, or 25x your stake.
If you want to try the game for free before betting real money, you can always look for the Rainbow Riches demo online.
Design & Symbols
The Rainbow Riches theme is a happy-go-lucky Irish theme that has captured players’ hearts since 2009. Perhaps, it’s because of the simple graphics that don’t match with any other modern slots we’re used to. The action is set against a purple sky, a full rainbow running across it. The harp soundtrack serves as the perfect jolly tune to the spins.
Even the main symbols match the theme perfectly, examples including; Pots of Gold, a Leprechaun, Wishing Well, and the Rainbow Riches game Logo. The Rainbow Riches logo symbol awards the highest value among the regular symbols where 5 trigger a 12.5x stake payout. Rainbow Riches is accessible on various devices, including PC, tablets, and smartphones. However, the clarity looks best on a small screen because the visuals pop and appear more visible.
Barcrest is the developer behind the 2009 Rainbow Riches slot. The UK based developer has been producing casino games for years, before any other companies came about. Their slots were available all over UK pubs, gaming arcades, casinos, etc. If you enjoy the happy Irish theme like in Rainbow Riches, you might enjoy the following;
- Paddy Power Gold Megaways
- Finn and the Swirly Spin
- Leprechaun’s Magic Megaways
- Rainbow Riches Retro slot
- Rainbow Riches Cluster Magic Slots Game
- Rainbow Riches Pick ’n’ Mix slots
Rainbow Riches Bonus Spins & Special Features
For a slot this old, Rainbow Riches has some pretty solid bonus features available to trigger. Up to 500x your stake is available in each of the 3 features.
- Road to Riches Bonus feature – the Road to Riches Bonus feature in Rainbow Riches starts when 3 or more leprechaun bonus symbols land on the reels. When this feature starts, a wheel and a cash path appear on the screen. The player’s objective will be to spin the wheel to determine how many steps up the cash path you go. Keep spinning until you reach the end of the cash path; or land on a Collect that ends the feature. The amount you win is multiplied against your total stake and displayed on the screen. It takes an average of 115 spins to trigger the Road to Riches feature.
- Wishing Well Bonus feature – this feature starts when 3 or more Wishing Well symbols land on the reels. It’s a ‘Pick Me’ feature where the objective is to pick one among 3 wishing wells on the screen. A successful pick is where you reveal a multiplier value that is applied to your total stake. It takes an average of 107 spins to activate the Wishing Well Bonus.
- Pots of Gold Bonus feature – the Pots of Gold Bonus feature is triggered when 3 Pots of Gold symbols land on the middle reels 2, 3, and 4. It also works like a Picks feature where an arrow rotates before pointing at gold, silver, or bronze pots. Each of them has a multiplier value indicated on it that is multiplied against your total stake. It takes an average of 1,050 spins to trigger this feature.
Is this slot game worth playing?
Rainbow Riches is one of the best Irish-themed slots produced when it comes to ease of gameplay. This is surprising considering it is a 2009 slot, but old is truly gold in the Barcrest classic. The Return to Player percentage is 95%, right around where we’d expect for a classic like Rainbow Riches. The medium volatility means the bonuses might take a while to trigger, and the maximum 500x stake payout can be a hit or miss. Overall, Rainbow Riches scores an 8/9 after a decade of playing the game. We’ve compiled more stats in the table below;
|Gameplay||5 reels, 3 rows, 20 fixed paylines|
|Developer||Barcrest in 2009|
|Bonus features||Road to Riches Bonus feature: bonus wheel with prizes of up to 500x your stake.
Wishing Well Bonus: bonus picks that trigger multipliers.
Pots of Gold Bonus: pots reveal multipliers.
|Bet range||20p to £400|
|Theme||Irish, leprechauns, happy go lucky.|
|Volatility||Medium, bonuses might take a while to trigger|
|Max payout||500x your stake|
|Casino Bonus||King Casino offers up to 20 bonus spins on Book of the Dead after a £20 deposit.|
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’ve still got a few questions on how to play the Rainbow Riches slot, we’ve got you covered.
What is the RTP of Rainbow Riches?
The RTP value is the Return to Player percentage a particular game has. For Rainbow Riches, the value ranks low at 95% because most slots have an RTP of 97% or higher. In addition, the medium volatility means the 500x stake payout might take a while to trigger depending on how long you play.
Are there any other similar slots to Rainbow Riches?
Rainbow Riches was the first of what would later be the Rainbow Riches slots family. There have been several versions of the game released over the years after it became a global phenomenon. If you’d like to play more games like it, you can check out the list below;
Can I play Rainbow Riches for free?
Yes, you can find the Rainbow Riches demo online if you want to play the game for free before betting real money. After enjoying the game on demo mode, you may consider playing on King Casino after registering and depositing your first £20.
How can I win on Rainbow Riches?
Rainbow Riches is a 5 reel, 20 fixed payline slot where wins are possible when 3, 4, or 5 matching symbols land in a line on a single spin.