King Casino Background

Can You Bet On Red & Black At The Same Time In Roulette?

Roulette bet Red and Black At The Same

One of the most common bets in all variations of Roulette is the red or black bet. It’s easy to keep track of and is easy to understand for both new and more experienced players. Even when it comes to red or black bets, there are many strategies that you can potentially apply. 

This online casino site article will explore some common frequently asked questions when it comes to potential bets in Roulette. These include: Can you bet on red and back at the same time in roulette? What strategies can you apply if you bet on red & black at the same time in Roulette? Do these bets have 50/50 odds, and is it smart to bet on them? Let’s find out all this and more in this comprehensive roulette casino guide below! 

If you’re interested in trying out the numerous online Roulette variations available, log in or join us here at King Casino. We have a massive library of over 1,000 of the best slots to play online and online casino games that include almost all Roulette variations! But for now, let’s get back to the topic, “Can you bet on red & black at the same time in Roulette?”

Can You Bet on Red & Black at the Same Time in Roulette? 

For those wondering if you can bet on red & black simultaneously in Roulette, the answer is both no and yes. It is ultimately the casino’s decision if you can bet on red and black at the same time in live roulette, so be sure to check. 

Most of the time, the rules of outside betting do not allow you to bet on simultaneous options at once. Instead, you have to choose between the options such as odd or even, low or high, red or black. However, if this is allowed at the casino, and you do decide to place a bet on both red and black, you are essentially placing a bet on every number, except the zero or double zero, depending on the version.

You may bet on a single black number and a single red number (or more if you wish) when placing inside bets. With inside bets, you can bet on specific red and black numbers simultaneously.

Various strategies can be used while betting on red and or black. Let’s take a look at some of these top roulette strategies below:

Gambler’s fallacy

One of the strategies is called the gambler’s fallacy; however, be warned – it isn’t that effective. This strategy requires you to track which colour has a long run of wins. Once this colour is determined, you should back the opposite colour.

However, the outcome of the ball landing on red/black is the same regardless of where it landed before. In other words, the outcome is random every time. However, despite this fact, many people continue to use this technique. 

Martingale system

This system has risen in popularity over recent years. The Martingale betting technique requires you to double your stake in the next round every time you lose. You do this till you get a win. 

Paroli system 

This is a reverse of the Martingale strategy. It works with the same mechanics, but the only difference is that you double your stake in the next round every time you win. The goal of this strategy is to obtain a winning streak. 

D’Alembert system

A favourite of many, the D’Alembert system requires you to choose a colour to bet on and wager an initial amount on it. If you lose, increase your bet by 1. Then, if you win, decrease your bet by 1.

Contra D’Alembert system

The opposite of the D’Alembert system, the Contra D’Alembert requires you to decrease your bet by 1 if you lose and increase it by 1 if you win. 

Oscar’s grind 

This is a slightly tougher strategy in which you have to raise your bet if you get consecutive wins until you reach the fourth stage. If you lose between wins, you retain the bet amount until you win again. The rule in this strategy is to reset your bet and return to the first stage once you reach the fourth. 

Labouchere strategy

The Labouchere strategy is less used and considered a radical approach amongst Roulette players. It requires you to keep a pen and paper to track what you’re doing. This strategy involves the addition and subtraction of numbers from your betting sequence. 

It is important to note that all of the above are strategies and do not guarantee anything. Roulette is ultimately a game of chance, so make sure you set yourself personal limitations and gamble responsibly.

Are Red & Black Really 50/50? 

Everyone who wants to know the answer to, “can you bet on red & black at the same time in Roulette” is most likely interested in one thing – are red & black bets actually 50/50? The short answer is… no, they’re not. The reason for this is the Green zero (0) numbers in Roulette, and in the American variation, there’s also the presence of a Green double zero (00). 

So, when you play American Roulette, you’ll see the presence of 18 red spaces. This means that 47.4% of the spaces on the Roulette wheel are Red. Just like that, 18 spaces are black (again 47.4%). The remaining 5.2% are the green spaces occupied by the zero and the double zero. So, the chance of you landing a red or black bet is around 47.4% each, not 50% in American Roulette. 

In the European roulette or French roulette variations, there’s one less green space, increasing the roulette odds of the ball landing on red or black. In these variations, the Red spaces occupy 48.6% of the board, and the same goes for the Black spaces. Hence, the chance of you landing a red or black bet is around 48.6% each in these variations. 

Is it Smart to Bet on Red & Black? 

In the popular movie ‘Once upon a Crime’, John Candy famously says, “There is no winning strategy at Roulette besides avoiding the casino”. That may not be entirely true, but it should give you an idea that everyone has a certain approach to betting in Roulette. 

Betting on red & black seems like a smart and safe option as it may allow you to play on the table for longer. You see, statistically, the casino wins more often. The house has an edge, and in the long run, the casino will most likely win. That being said, Roulette is a game that’s not all about the money. It’s designed to be a fun and exciting game of chance and strategy. If you want to learn more about Roulette terminology or try out some popular Roulette variations or, just check them out here at King Casino.